Skip To Main Content

Working Papers for Minors

Minor employees under the age of 18 must having working papers to work in Connecticut. Those papers can be obtained at the Board of Education offices during regular hours by appointment only

Please bring:

  • A promise of employment letter from your employer
  • An ID showing your birth date (such as a birth certificate, driver's license or permit, or passport. Student IDs will not suffice.)

Find out more about employment for minors on the state's website, Checklist for Minors Applying for Statement of Age/Working Papers.