New Student Enrollment at Naugatuck High School
Entering Naugatuck Public Schools requires two separate procedures.
Registration is completed at the Board of Education building - detailed information is available on the District Website.
If you have not completed this step and have questions you may call (203) 720-5265.
- Please be sure you have signed a release of records at the Board of Education so that your student’s records arrive at NHS as soon as possible.
Enrollment is completed at the high school. The following checklist will help walk you through the steps with this procedure- this process will begin once Central Office signs off on your registration.
- The School Counseling office will call you to schedule an appointment for you and your student to meet with their school counselor to develop their schedule. All enrollments are done by appointment and the student must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. You can reach the Counseling Office at (203) 720-5400, extension 1159 or 1160 with any questions.
- Summer Hours: The Counseling Office is open on Wednesday mornings during the summer. Once the Board of Education signs off on the student’s registration and notifies the high school, the counseling secretaries will call you to schedule an appointment on a Wednesday.
- Be sure you have copies of the following documents before your enrollment appointment. Your child cannot be enrolled unless we have these documents. You may forward these to the school or bring them with you on the day of your appointment.
- Withdrawal Form from your previous school, including current grades.
- Most recent report card.
- Grades to date of Withdrawal
- Most recent transcript if you are entering grades 10, 11 or 12.
- Most recent IEP (Individual Education Plan and any supporting evaluations)
- Most recent 504 Accommodation Plan, if appropriate.
- CAPT if you are entering grades 11 & 12 (students coming from out of state should bring any state testing results)
- SAT Scores grade 11
- PSAT Scores grade 10
- Prior to your student starting for the first day of classes, your child’s health record must be reviewed and approved by the school nurse.
Your cooperation is appreciated. We look forward to working with you and your child and welcome you to our Naugatuck Community.
Deb Rutigliano & Kristina Wallace
School Counseling Director & Associate Principal
Note: The enrollment appointment takes approximately one hour with your student’s school counselor. Students start classes the school day after completing enrollment (pending approval from the school nurse).