Who are we?
Naugatuck High School Diversify is an organization of students who are interested or already share a love for all cultures. Our goal is to diversify the school culture by promoting an inclusive cultural representation of the school community through:
- providing opportunities for the NHS community to learn and appreciate their own background, interests, values, beliefs, as well as the diverse backgrounds of other student groups
- recruiting student representatives of the demographics of Naugatuck with special attention to underrepresented groups
- ensuring diverse, equitable, and inclusive student, faculty, and staff participation
- striving to make the educational experience inclusive through curricular and co-curricular innovation
Who should join?
- want a safe space to talk about culture, anti-racism, history, respect, and equity
- are willing to expand perspectives and engage in meaningful dialogue
- have wanted to celebrate their identities and stories
Meeting time and location:
General meetings are every other Friday at 2 pm in N112
Board of Directors meetings are Thursdays at 7 pm (virtual)
Student Equity Committee Forums 2nd Friday of every month